Thursday, May 9, 2013

R.I.P. Jeanne Cooper

Jeanne Cooper, who portrayed Katherine Chancellor on the Young and the Restless for the past forty years, died yesterday at the age of 84. It's a great loss, as she was absolutely amazing. Although I haven't been watching The Young and the Restless regularly for the last few years, it was because of poor writing and other characters/storylines, never because of Katherine, who remained awesome. No matter what else was happening on the show, she was a bright spot.

I am planning on reading Cooper's memoir, Not Young, Still Restless, which I have had sitting on my Kindle for a while, later this week/this weekend.

I will leave you all with one of my favorite things of all time, Jeanne Cooper's speech upon finally winning a Daytime Emmy as Lead Actress in 2008.



P.S. --- I know last time I promised thoughts on the new All My Children, and I swear they are coming soon, but one thing you will learn as this blog goes on (whoever you are, if anyone's reading this lol) is that I am not good at sticking to a deadline, even of my own making.

No comments:

Post a Comment